We spent the better part of January and February house hunting. We made an offer on a short sale that was a fixer but title issues and slow response from the banks led us to move past that one. After looking at 15 houses in 2 months, we made an offer on a bank owned home in good condition. We signed the first time on Monday, March 30 and were supposed to record by April 3.
However, a mistake by the foreclosing attorney on the deed to the bank resulted in a 4-week wait for the deed to be corrected. That necessitated two rate lock extensions, redoing our loan documents, getting an addendum to extend our contract with the seller, and resigning all the new paperwork on April 22. Finally, we recorded today. Although Noah has the stomach flu again (the last of it to get it this time instead of the first) and Pat was working so we can’t go to the new house again until at least tomorrow night, if Noah is better by then.